Summary (this article is too long, just tell me what I need to know!):
- SMS prospecting is still working well for thousands of Lead Sherpa users, and it is still legal to prospect using Lead Sherpa's compliant messaging system.
- For customers who are not integrated with Twilio, and only utilizing Lead Sherpa numbers, Lead Sherpa will manage the 10DLC process for you. No action is required on your part as of now.
- Increased fees, in addition to negatively-impacted SMS delivery rates, will likely take effect October 1, 2021. We are strongly advising those who currently have a Twilio integration to register for 10DLC no later than September 30, 2021.
- To accommodate 10DLC imposed restrictions, Lead Sherpa will allow Twilio user accounts to have as few as five numbers. If you are registered for 10DLC, we can send thousands of messages per day on your behalf. If you are not registered for 10DLC, you must maintain a pool of five numbers which will be subject to a daily message cap of roughly 300-500 depending on carrier conditions.
- Lead Sherpa Support will complete the registration on your behalf or you may register your business and campaign on your own.
- Registration requirements for all campaigns,
- A "trust score" applied by the carrier to registered campaigns, and
- Message filtering for non-compliant profiles
Lead Sherpa Support will "white-glove" this registration process for you (simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the below-required information to start this process). Or you may follow the below registration steps to register your brand and campaign on your own.
Please note that along the way, if you are unsure of what information to provide in these forms, please reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
- US EIN (you will need to obtain one if you do not already have one at IRS Federal Tax ID Application Website)*
- If you are opted-in to the new Twilio Console Beta Experience you can find the Trust Hub under Account > Trust Hub > Customer profiles.
- If you are on the legacy version of the Twilio Console, locate Trust Hub in the left-hand navigation, under the Home icon.
Upon creation of a business profile in Twilio, experts at Twilio will vet your business profile and either approve or reject. This process may take up to 72 hours and you will be notified of the result.
Step 3: Register your US A2P brand
This step will register your business for US 10DLC capabilities, as well as calculate your "Trust Score." At this time, the "Trust Score" appears to only impact very large companies. Still, you may want to opt-in to the additional vetting process provided by Twilio, which will ensure you achieve the highest possible score.
Once you have created and registered your Business Profile and US A2P brand, you will register a campaign use case for sending messages over A2P 10DLC routes. Examples of campaign use cases include marketing messages, order confirmations, order updates, etc. Most customers utilizing the Lead Sherpa platform will only need to register one campaign use case (Marketing) if they are primarily using their Twilio account for REI lead generation.
Once your campaign use case registration is approved, you will see an on-screen message indicating that your registration flow is complete
* tion, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.