TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Prerequisites for setting up a Twilio account
- Creating and Setting Up a Twilio Account
- Coming Soon: Connecting your Twilio Account to Lead Sherpa
Prerequisites for setting up a Twilio account
1. You have established a business entity with an EIN and have the exact, accurate business name, address, and entity type available.
2. You have published a website with a clear description of what you do (purchase homes) and an opt-in form requiring name, property address, phone number, and a checkbox that must be checked by the user which indicates their consent to be messaged.
Creating and Setting Up a Twilio Account
Go to twilio.com/try-twilio and follow the setup instructions. Where possible, match information to your business for easier setup later.
If your screen looks different, you can also get to customer profile creation here:
When creating your customer profile, YOU MUST ENSURE YOUR INFORMATION EXACTLY MATCHES IRS RECORDS. That is, your FEIN (FEDERAL EIN), business name and address as registered with IRS exactly:
Once that is complete, proceed to register your brand. You can either do low-volume, or vetting to get higher throughput. Vetting does not incur significant additional time and may unlock higher capacity so it is encouraged:
Finally, create your 10 DLC campaign. This part is VERY important to get correct. Make sure to choose "marketing," then attach it to your messaging service, and then provide a self-generated and authentic description, sample messages, and flow for consent. DO NOT re-write exactly what is written below or it will likely be rejected. Write your own messages with the essential information (your name, company name, seller name, seller address, and appropriate language) as well as a sensible opt-in flow that references your website's form as well as other methods you have. This will take 4-6 weeks as of this writing, and doing it incorrectly will result in further delays.
Coming Soon: Connecting your Twilio Account to Lead Sherpa
This will be published as soon as the feature is complete.