You’ve uploaded your prospect data into Sherpa and are ready to send some messages! Here’s how:
- Under your campaign, scroll to “Send Messages” section.
- Choose which message template you’d like to send by clicking “Select Template.”
- Click “Add/Edit” button.
- To create new templates, click “New Template.”
- Name the template (ex. primary outgoing message).
- Create template messages following our Messaging Best Practice guidelines* (use the tags provided by dragging them into the template where appropriate).
- Save Message.
- Go back to campaign page.
- Select message title in drop down.
- View the message preview to make sure data is merging.
- Click “Send Now.”
Important: Create at least 10 outgoing messages. For each batch you send, use a new template. This avoids spam filtering and keeps delivery rates high.
Tip: We recommend sending 1-2 batches at a time, then wait for responses to come into the system.
*Messaging Best Practice
Your outgoing message templates will have a direct impact on your deliverability score and the types of responses you’ll get from prospects. Watch our Messaging Best Practices YouTube Video below to ensure you’re following the steps to get the best deliverability and response rates possible. When creating your template, we also give you the following guidelines. Follow them, and you’ll be successful:
Include these four items in your message, and arrange in any order you wish. Create at least 5 versions of this message, and cycle them every 500 sends to maintain high deliverability.
1. Use the "First Name Tag" to address the seller by name
2. Identify yourself or someone from your team by first name (do not include your company name)
3. Use the "Property Street Address Tag" to name the property address you are interested in purchasing
4. End with a question
• Never include a URL in the initial message
• Do not use spammy language or ALL CAPS
• Use common sense