When it comes to delivery rates, the more numbers you have in your number manager the better. Outgoing messages are cycled through every number in your account, so the more numbers you own the less each number is used. If you notice your delivery rate consistently drop below 85%, purchase more phone numbers (only $1 each) and change your outgoing messaging. Keep at least 50 phone numbers in your account for each market. Power users retain 200+ numbers at all times and consistently enjoy delivery rates well above 90%.
Use a wide variety of unique outgoing messages to get the best delivery and response rates. Select a new template for each batch (every 100 sent messages) to avoid your messages being flagged as spam.
Here are some tips for creating your messages and ensuring good delivery rates:
- Follow the general outline instructions and drag the merge tags into the template where needed
- Keep messages to less than 160 total characters to avoid having the carrier break it apart
- You need at least 15 different messages created using our guidelines on the template creation page, and rotate the messages as you’re sending them to avoid being flagged as spam (auto-rotation is coming soon).
- You can also save an alternate message that will automatically be used in the place of a message that doesn’t have the necessary merge tag data (ex. missing the first name).
- In the “Send Messages” module of the campaign, you can see a preview of the message and you’ll be able to see the message the recipient will receive with all tag data merged in—check for errors before sending each message.
- Pay attention to the Batch Delivery Rate to make sure they do not slip below 85% for more than two or three batches.
To avoid repetitive messaging being sent out by our users and flagged by carriers, we've chosen to not advise our users on what to say. Play around with the formula below to generate multiple unique messages for your account.
Required Reading: Facebook discussion on the correlation between quantity of phone numbers and delivery rates.
Message Content Guidelines
Include these four items in your message and arrange them in any order you wish. Create 10-15 unique messages and use cycle to a new message with each batch (every 100 sent messages) to maintain high delivery rates.
• Phone numbers are CHEAP - buy many to maintain high delivery rates
To see how we do it, watch this YouTube video.